Thursday, 11 September 2008

Sungkai like Japanese?

Have you ever wonder if Japanese having Sungkai or also fasting? Naah~ Not many Japanese are Muslim, but there in Takara (Centrepoint) got a Ramadhan Sungkai Buffet serving Japanese foods such as Salmon Sashimi and sushi’s for $12.80! Nice for those who are craving for sushi’s but want a buffet of it. There is also Misato, also $12.80 in Kiulap.

Last Tuesday, Sheng, Wong and their friend had been to the Takara. I was about to join them but I have agreed to go with Bong & Azmi on Thursday which is today.
Today on the noon, I tried to persuade Lim, Yong & Asri to join also but they couldn’t. So I booked for Bong, Chad, Azmi and Azam.

After lectures finished in ITB, I went to the hostel UBD, went online using my b-mobile to talk about the restaurant. Then G-Das gave me his key and asked me to drive his car then sent it for carwash! Yay I drive others car! Joe were going for date in Gadong so he joined me to Gadong then we separated. I waited for Azmi & others to come.

Azmi came early, we took some cash from ATM then met Azam and went in to Takara. Bong and Chad came a few minutes later. We check on the foods: Salmon Sashimi, 5 tray-full of maki (sushi), Renkon (some kind of mee), Prawn Tempura, chicken, rice and a wantan-like dumpling.


Taking (kaut-ing) the foods!





Comments? Here there are:
- Weird combination but the sushi’s were unlimited! They keep on refilling! There was as usually wasabi and soysauce to eat with.
- The sashimi was not as nice as Excapade, but at least here, it was no limit (although they refilled it slow) so it was not bad.
- The rice with chicken was basic (as in, it’s rice! duuh~ normal!) but nice to be eaten with the Prawn Tempura.
- Not too crowded and noisy there. No long queue and too cramped space.
- The foods arrangement was simple & look few but easy.
- Overall, it was nice & worth for $12.80.

Mostly there were Chinese there, except Azmi, Azam, me and a couple were Malays. We are special huh? We ate a lot, talked a lot and took quite long here (don’t want to waste!) until we were extremely full. Tiny ate a lot too & we got KB Desperado talked about *y***. I mean Yong Ming Soon. *lol* =P


Us while in Takara:





After we went from Takara, we went out for a walk (to stabilize our digestion heh~) to The Mall. Nothing much but just going up & down The Mall then went to the “Kominis” to look for new movie CD. After that we dismissed, went back home satisfied while I went back with Joe to hostel.


What the-? How can people drive that?


No comments: