At first, yes I laughed. I asked everyone, “Me? Dance?”. *laugh* I don’t have any dance background. I used to dance joget during Hari Raya function in my attachment time at MOH. It was terrible because I was the obvious one who was stiff (‘karau’). I did ever try to dance in a club, you know, club dancing but not dancing club!
I did have the feeling to try dance and perform. It just that I thought mostly dancers in Brunei was ‘soft’ guys. Sorry, no offense. However, I admired when I saw my BKP friends danced SWAY during MRS and my UBD friends dance the Tokyo Drift during FAS Night. I thought dancing is cool then.
Ok, why I have to dance this time? It’s for the ECE 22 Dinner, organized by Yani. I was one of the committee along with Radi, Lucy and Azmi so I must take part with performance. I passed at first, but Yani requested that I joined too. Azmi also took part so I agreed. I was shy and nervous so I decided to bring Asri and Vincent too so that the more, then less shy! Asri and Vincent amazingly agreed to help me and I felt much more confident and enthusiastic for the dance. Chad however, didn’t reply my text at all. *sob*
The dance was mix of international dances: Hindi, Korean, Malay, Sumazau and Western. *spoiler* Nadia was appointed to be the committee too in charge of performance. Thankfully, Nadia’s brother helped us to be the choreographer!
The girls who took part were Yani, Lucy, Nadia, Aniz, Salza and Beb while the guys were Chiemz, Azmi, Asri, Vincent, Mahrin and Fuze. At the first practice, Beb cancelled so I decided to let Vincent out since it was a hard schedule for him because he’s going to work soon. The stage in Asma Hotel is small so we decided not to add more members.
We have made 4 dance practices in March. This post was actually to cover the story of the first, second and third practices which I haven’t put in at March post.
The first practice was on Wednesday 25/3 and second practice was on Thursday 26/3, both at Lucy’s home from 7PM to 11PM. The third practice was on Monday 30/3 at Mur’s home from 8PM to 10.30PM.
During the first practice, we made introduction on some songs. The choreographer decided to teach us Hindi dance first. Yani taught us Sumazau’s dance. Azmi and Salza were not present that day. We also got a visit from Sir Zalee, Sanul, G-Rais and Mur. We had some photography from the four. I don’t take any pictures on this first practice so check out Mur, Sir Zalee and Sanul website for the pictures.
The second practice was on the next day at Lucy’s home again. I was a bit late because I went on an outing with Sanul before the practice. Yani, Salza and Aniz was not available for that day. Azmi, the mixer, was still in KL. Khalid was here too and brought Nasi Katok for the day. We continued on the Hindi dance and completed it. We also practiced back Sumazau although without Yani.
The third practice was actually on Sunday 29/3 but due to many of us unavailable, the practice was made on Monday 30/3. This time was at Mur’s home. Azmi was finally back from KL! Welcome back. We had everyone here except Salza who would come on the next day. Azmi had to learn the move from the start and luckily he learned it fast. We now started with Malay dance! It’s quite harder.
This is one part of the dance. “Indian’s Flower Fight”.

Also a part of the dance, I called it “Pria Rebutan”.


Also a part of the dance, I called it “Pria Rebutan”.

Mur provided us with foods & drinks, Mahrin brought drinks too and Azmi brought chocolates from KL! Mur’s family provided us with foods & drinks too! Talk about party here instead of practice! =) We took more pictures here than the previous practices. The third meeting was also made here.
.




.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment