This is going to be one big and long post I made! There is many long post though but this one has only all TEXT and no picture so not really worth to read. =P
I need a job while waiting for working at BSP or continue to take Degree at ITB. I want a temporary job of course. My first preference is a job which involved with computers like technician, computer crew or working at cybercafés. Others are tourism as in escort or guide, or in hotels as reception, or even working at video games shop like. I would also accept working at catering but not as waiter or fast food counter. So choosy am I? Or too many choices? (heh!)
I need to find these temporary jobs as soon as possible so I can find things to do at this jobless time and got paid, rather than spending my money. I got no more allowance (no more B$348 every month!) so my money in my bank all ran out and what’s left is my pocket money from my parents! But I need to go out, to spend time! If only hanging out, chillin’ or going around (as in ‘jalan2’) can get me paid.
For these few days, I went on a quest for jobs with Azam and Asri. On Wednesday 11/2, I got a text message from someone on “Financial Advisor” training. I went to Fullcan to meet with Asri, Zalee, Azmi, Mimit, DD, Aniz, Chad and Ho and play pool. Asri, Zalee, Ho, Azmi and Mimit also got the text so I was not alone for the training. After the pool, we went to Usop Café to had dinner and then we all went home except Asri, Zalee and me. Salmi joined us to JP just to chill until late time.
On Friday 12/2, I went with Azam to hang out and online at Farmbasket during the afternoon. I did my HECAS form to apply for ITB but I had to save and submit it later since I didn’t have my parent’s IC number. Asri joined us to Kianggeh in the evening. For me, it’s a open, chill and relaxing place to talk and eat. We talked about taking a job and also talk about the future stuff. We also planned on going together for the financial training on the next day then go jogging at Tasek Lama.
The training was on Saturday, 14/2 which was on Valentine’s day. I didn’t celebrate Valentine’s day anyway. It was at 2 to 5PM training and it was a talk from a lady named Rafiah. The reason this talk was made was to persuade and train people to be a financial advisor. Of course, to work with them, the AIA, more like an insurance company.
I met Azam and Asri at Kiulap Mall then we went to BSB by one car. We parked at the $1 per hour parking near TAIB and walked our way to Wisma Jaya 5th Floor. We were welcome by a lady, and then were led to the registration and we went in to the speaker room. There were not only us but also few peoples and there were more people coming after us. The talk was made by Rafiah, and Hayati helped her. I knew, it was a great job (or should I say career?) and a very amusing way of getting money! But it I just realized it didn’t suit me and I was not into it.
We got a break with free foods & drinks then we went in for another talk. Well, the number of audience reduced by half but they still went on. They had a very nice introduction to the system of life ‘insurance’ and quite persuasive especially the experienced Hayati had. It was really a way to earn income every month and keep increasing each month. Part-time working also allowed since the time is flexible.
However, the downside was we need to find, persuade, talk, meet, contact, negotiate, advice, argue, convince and win people or the client! Although they taught the skill & techniques, according to my experience and my wide thinking (I think it wide open as in carefully and with reference to many aspects), it wasn’t for me. For interested people, they could take a test for the career in the Monday morning.
After the training, we went to Tasek Lama to jog and mini-outing. Asri, Azam and I changed clothes at the Kiulap Mall then we parked our car near the Tasek Lama entrance. We walked out way in and strolled for a few distance, looking around and seeing people. Then after we completed one round of the track, we started to jog.
From the entrance, you follow the cemented track to the toilet area where you can see two junctions. Straight to continue the jogging path while right to go up for hiking! Going straight, there was a playground, and then you can see the stone/pebbles therapy walk. When you go on forward, you can see the waterfall! Nice place to stretch and did aerobic. Anyway, on the left was another continuation of the jogging trail which is the hills way. There were many path to take here but it all led to the opposite of the playground. It’s a soft and a real jogging floor from here until the entrance.
During my attachment, I went here several times for hiking. I did it alone three times, once with Sypol and once with Cool, Balang and Pau. Now, I went with Asri and Azam. Although just jogging, we planned to go for hiking with Salmi too here!
After the healthy activity, Asri and I went to Tamu Selera to have drinks and dinner. Yup, eat after exercise again! (haha) We had discussion about the Financial Advisor test on the next day but I still insisted that I wasn’t my interest. After the 2 hours plus there, Asri sent me back to Azam and both of us went to Gadong.
Asri was at Coffee Zone Gadong with his friends while Azam and I went to DQ. Azam’s treat! Anyway, we went back home after that and Azam stayed at my home for the night since we were planning to go for another job-looking on the next day. Azam too talk about the test with me. It’s a choice of pity and friends. But in the end, I decided not to join the test.
For the next day Sunday 15/2, I went to search for a job with Azam but since Asri couldn’t join us, so we decided just to search around The Mall. We had some pizzas at Pizza Hut and gelato at Dream Cones! If you couldn’t afford to buy regular pizza, then personal pizza is affordable.
Happy Birthday to Salmi! Wish you all the best and luck! Also, more improvement in DotA! Salmi’s getting great in DotA!
Now is the real quest of the jobless part. Asri and Azam went for the test on the Monday 16/2. They gave me a text message just to remind me but I rejected and went back to sleep. Then suddenly, Elly messaged me and I woke up to read it. To my shock, I went straight to take a bath and get ready! Elly told me she got BSP Aptitude Test at that time and my paper was next to her! I was surprised and panic! I didn’t know about the test! I was about to rush to KB by myself but it was too late!
Anyway, Elly told the examiner that I didn’t read the email message and since I lived in Muara, I couldn’t go there on time. It was 9 and the test started at 9. The supervisor said that I could go for another test so I was more relaxed then. I went straight to Yappy Kopitiam to online and check my email. No email in my Inbox from Shell but when I checked my Junk Folder, there was!
Lim had a problem with his HECAS ITB so he contacted me. Luckily I was online so I was able to give him a few help. I’m glad I got friend to go ITB with me next time. Wish Lim success for the application.
Happy Birthday to Rozaiha! Wish you all the best and luck too! Be happy & wish for success at UBD! ;)
Azam & Asri took me from there and we went to the Sumbangsih to join up lunch with Mur. I told them about the BSP test. I also asked them about their test. Not much to say. Next, we went to the Buruh Department in BSB to make a “Buruh Card” and see the job advertisement for temporary work. There were not may job offered that time.
I told Vincent about the BSP test too but he didn’t take BSP. Only Ho and Elly took it. We talked (or more like messaged) about jobs and temporary jobs. Vincent complained about our Communication and Computer System Engineering was more into IT side and forgotten the Electrical side from most people views. I agreed to his complain. However, Communication side was also important. Nowadays, I think Communication was pretty popular.
After the Buruh, we went to RBC at Gadong to apply for a job at a catering for special events and function. However, the not-many-helping workers there told us just to bring our letter, CV and others then submit there so we just took the address there.
We made our way (Azam drove) to the Empire and went to the MVision Movie to ask for job. The guy gave us the application form and asked us to submit it there when it’s finished. I was thinking that working in movies or cinema was quite embarrassing but since it was in Empire, not Cineplex, there would be not many familiar people to meet here. Anyway, we embarked to go Kiulap back and we went back home.
Of course, we had another plan! Jogging plan! Asri agreed to jog at Pantai Muara! =) Azam and Mur agreed and then Edy, Sanul and Zali also came! I will cover it on the next post!
.
Nasihat Kehidupan Buat Wanita 30an dan 40an
1 year ago
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment