“Choosy Jobseeker ends up Jobless.”
Career is very important. Your career, your future. The quote above was taken from a newspaper and I saw it while looking around during career dialogue in ITB. It scared me because I’m choosy in my career. I decided not to be a teacher when I had the opportunity for taking degree in secondary education. I messed up while in ITB that I couldn’t get scholarship to study oversea. My plan was to try to be ITB lecturer but it took longer time to achieve that since ITB’s degree was a 4 years course regardless to HND holder.
My dream was to go for oversea to UK and completed the degree to be computer system engineer. I guess that dream’s over. I had to work, and I don’t want to end up jobless. I was recommended to take BSP which I was hoping too. I changed my mind not to be too choosy so I applied other company or government sectors too.
There was a career dialogue or career day in ITB last Saturday (22/1). I woke up late around 10AM and realized that my smart attire was not completed and I didn’t bring my original certificate with me. Most of us had already there at ITB. There were many of us coming so this day was like a reunion of the ECE 22.
Lejan, Chip and others UBD hostel’s crew came quite early to check out the ITB career day too. I couldn’t show them around because I came late. I came to school at 1120AM with Azam and Asri.
There were many booths from various companies (government and private). Sanul, elly, Zali and Hj Rais were standing outside at the concourse while Azmi, Aniz and Lucy seemed to be tired after looking around and sat on the ledge. DD, Yong, Sheng, Wong, Bong, Ho, Mur, Fuze and Radi were still looking around for career.
There were so many ITB’s here; I met Atol, Stoop, Vivie, Nizam, Ain, Syitah, Mardiah, Chien and Maming. I went to apply DST with Asri and Azam, and BLNG. We were planning to come afternoon because some of the booth were off to lunch.
Asri and I joined Sanul, elly, Radi and Zali to TPH Kiulap for lunch. We met Yani and Salmi here. We went to a photocopy shop to photocopy our ID Card (IC). The shop charge $0.10 for photocopying IC! Yani photocopied 20 copies and the shopkeeper still charged $2.00. Most photocopy shop only charge $0.05, but $0.04 for 20 or more copies while $0.03 for more than 50 or 100. Never photocopy at this shop (I forgot its name) in Kiulap near TPH. They suck blood!
We went back to ITB to look for more companies. I sent my CV to the BSP. We also tried the HAHD, although we were unfamiliar with it. I also tried the Datastream Solution Sdn Bhd. BIBD had no IT related at the moment while BAG Network recommended us to come on Saturday at Coffee Zone.
.
Nasihat Kehidupan Buat Wanita 30an dan 40an
1 year ago
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment