After the worse flood yesterday, all headlines for most newspaper covered the report about the flood. The radio, television, blogs, facebook and even most Bruneian’s websites covered the story and pictures of the flood. This sure was the first worse flood ever after the La Nina.
Now that the rain stopped for today and the flood settled, most flood victims had to clear their home from the mess, check on their after-submerged cars, and still shocked with the hazard. The most sad part was the flood yesterday caused 2 deaths. Ok, no need for me to elaborate because you could check the Borneo Bulletin or any newspaper about it.
The most troublesome things after the flood were blackout! No electric! The Gadong’s power station was flooded by almost 5 ft deep so some areas were affected including my place, Muara; Asri’s place, Kiarong; and all area near Muara; as well as the famous area Gadong and Kiulap.
Realising there was no electric at our home, Asri and I went off to a place with air-conditioning. Therefore, we went to Mahrin’s home to chill. No dotA because it was not evening. Lucky that Mahrin’s home electricity was on and the internet was also on.
I went with Asri, Azam, Mur and Fuze to Kianggeh in the evening. I was thinking of watching the Sungai Brunei river to overflow the Kianggeh’s floor. However, it was not raining for the whole day so thanks god it isn’t. We couldn’t go for flood hunt but instead we got another mission.
Without electricity, there is no light. We could get candle and small emergency lamp while the rich afford the self-generator. At night, the Gadong and Kiulap area was just like a forgotten city. Remind me of Silent Hill’s Downtown in the game.
We went to drive around the Kiulap and Gadong. First time in history we saw it dark and ‘dead’. Anyway, I went with Asri to his home. It was also affected by the blackout and it was dark too. I received text from my mom that our place also blackout including the street lights were off. Lead by wonder, we went with Azam to Muara.
I planned to take my things and stayed at Azam’s place because tomorrow we had Career Dialogue in the morning. We met at Lambak and went together to Muara. The whole Muara was all dark starting from the Pantai Meragang. The only place that got light was the TelBru and others were pure darkness. No house lights, street lights and even moon light but just the car lights!
On the way back to Lambak, we came with another misfortune. Exactly at the boundary at the blackout area to area with road's light on, I heard a small explosion noise. I realised my car got noisy and I was confident it was because of my tyre. I stopped at a safe location and began the process of changing tyre. Thanks to Azam for doing the job and Asri for assisting.
After taking all my things, we went to first to Salmi’s home to take some stuff then finally to Azam’s place. Asri and Azam were busy with their CV while I arranged my CV and photocopy of certificates. Kiarong finally backed up with light so Asri went back home at 330PM.
.
Nasihat Kehidupan Buat Wanita 30an dan 40an
1 year ago







.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment