Yay! Finally got someone reliable for the plan of Dinner ECE, Yani! It’s going to be ‘formal’ dinner since it was made as thankful for the lecturers so yeah it’s for all of us ECE 22 and all lecturers of ECE! This event was kind of ECE’s tradition which was followed and conducted every year by every ECE intake. I use “ECE 22” because to differentiate it from previous ECE.
Suggestion? Right I will make some suggestion here then. I agree with Azmi’s suggestion on having a Theme but of course, personal budget needed for that and I don’t think I will spend my money to buy attire or costume for the theme. I will just use whatever I have in my room which may a bit relevant to the theme. But, I like to see others wearing a nice attire or costume for the theme!
Oh yeah, the MRS too going to have Theme so we may have chance to use again our attire or costume from this ECE’s Dinner to the MRS. That is if the theme for both functions would be acceptably similar. However, I heard that there will be no MRS for this year. No MRS mean no deduction of $100 from our allowance and hence, more money!
Another information I would like to add was that a group of ex-student (just like us) from Civil Engineering is planning to make the ‘ITB Dinner’ or ‘ITB Gala Night’ as alternative to MRS. They advert it and passed the paper in our class during our school time. It cost $50 by the way which is much cheaper to $100 of the MRS plus it was private and informal so we could have more fun.
However, ‘outsider’ or non-ITB also can join (they allowed non-ITB couple and they also mention this to some UBD students) so it isn’t really “ITB’s Dinner”. Yes, if you planned to go for this event, there will be another Theme you have to make up!
So, should we make Theme for ECE 22 Dinner? Yeah sure Theme is a must to make the event more fun! But I prefer a simple theme. Azmi’s “Rich and Elegant” sounds great because we could just dress up smart and elegant.
Yani’s suggestion on “International” theme sounds fun! I think I will wear shorts, loose shirt and flip-flop for the event which I called it as 'Summer in Japan'. Joking =P I want to see some of us in kimono, premadona, hindi style and etc.
Oh yeah, Lucy’s “Superheroes vs Villains” sounds cool! I want to be a villain though! However, it wasn’t suitable for the lecturers and yeah, more money for the one-time-only costume! =P
Someone mentioned “Traditional” such as wearing stuff like pendekar or princess of the malay myth, which is nice but common. I might just wear cara melayu for this one so it's common so boring lah.
Venue? Location? Where? I’m not sure if it was wise about the idea on i-Lotus. We need to consider the budget. Radi went to survey some restaurants and hotels already. Nice! He had been enthusiastic for this event. However, I recommend that Holiday Lodge and Asma Hotel should be taken out from the list due to certain reason. Since Yani said Asma Hotel was in the top list, then to 'be professional' I got no objection with that.
Remember, $30 each is for ours’ and lecturers’ dinner which mean we paid for the lecturers too. It has to be buffet so it would be fun. I don’t like to be served and followed the 3 or 4 step of meals. Lucy suggested for a BBQ, but if we were to BBQ, then it shouldn’t be at restaurant. But BBQ buffet is great! =)
We also need to buy souvenir; a cheap but memorial one. Let’s say, something which engraved with our name or something which they can put in their office. Limit of $3 for one souvenir.
Decorations? That would be a hard one! I recommend just make a banner for the event and save the budget for paying the meals. Let the restaurant do the decoration stuff. Other stuffs also need to be considered such as the invitation cards, service charge and wrappings or carrying bag for the souvenir.
Next, about invitation and confirmation. Lecturers should be invited through an invitation card while us, can either informed through SMS, reminder through Facebook, MSN or just a simple invitation card. Lecturers’ confirmation isn’t necessary because we couldn’t force them to response.
However, us, all ECE’s, should response and confirmed their presence or absence because the number of seats booked is very important! Why? On the actual day, the number of people who are not coming to fill up the number of booked seats will be charged! Regardless of any restaurant, any events and any reasons!
I remembered during my BKP time, we gave the empty seats to any people coming to the Millennium restaurant during our functions there and hence, the strangers were lucky they got free buffet paid by us! We just don’t want the restaurant to get the advantages.
Confirmation is the hardest thing to get though but however, as long as the cancellation of presence is a day earlier, it can be negotiated. Therefore, co-operation and trust from each other is needed here.
Photography isn’t a problem. We got Sir Zalee, Sanul, Edy and Mur! I’m sure we could get a lot of photos and a lot of photo-taking chance during the events!
Entertainment! What do we have? Since it was our own money sponsored and we don’t require the Registrar or ITB’s agreement so it’s up to us to make the rules! However, don’t forget the respect to the lecturers.
Oh yeah how about we mix up the table with lecturers and ours. As in, one table 3 lecturers and 6 ex-students. So we have chance to talk with them?
Lucky draw or having games with prizes required more money! Unless, someone willing to sponsor unused items they have as the prizes. Games could be like spelling from A to Z from seat to another, let’s say I said “Ayam”, then the next person said “Bird” but I don’t know how to find the winner with this. =P
Karaoke sounds great but I don’t think the karaoke will be touched if no one dared to make the events more fun. We have to make the lecturers sang some song on the karaoke and we too, sang along with them. Not only lecturers, some of us must also sing. I got an idea on how to make the person sing.
Beside Karaoke and Prize-winning game, you guys have more suggestion? If there is a theme, then there might be best dress competition. How about showing slideshow photos of us ECE to the lecturer on the projector? Oh yeah, a speech of our ECE's appreciation from Yani! The chairwoman of the events! =)
.
Nasihat Kehidupan Buat Wanita 30an dan 40an
1 year ago
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment