Tuesday, 30 December 2008

Kuala Balai Trip

I often wondered and want to explore Brunei. I thought there were some places that we haven’t visit yet. I had been to Tasek Merimbun but haven’t tried the renovate one. I’m sure there were many places that can be visited in Brunei. We had Tasek Lama, Anduki, Bukit Shahbandar, Wasai Wong Kadai, Liang Lumut Recreational, the Beaches, the island, Temburong and many more places here in Brunei. There were even some “hidden” one which I didn’t realized it was there.

Last time when we went KB, Zali mentioned about the Kuala Balai. That place has a place of kampong style or living in the forest style, open for visitor but it was no longer being managed. There is still people fishing in the Kualai Balai area. Zali came with this idea for Kuala Balai Trip on 29/12 and so Asri, Azam, Sanul, Salmi, Fuze and Mur joined in.

Waiting for the “big boss”



Kuala Balai was in Belait (KB) obviously. To go there, you have to take the Jln. Kuala Balai/Mumong at the Lumut bypass on the way to the “Teko Roundabout”. Another trip to KB eh? It was like every 3 days we went there already.

We went to the famous K.Kuya in Telisai for breakfast. The mee-separuh was worth it because it was like one plate in some restaurant and the rojak was great (I like rojak! btw). Ops I’m talking about foods again? *sigh*

Salmi: Cim gmbr eh menunya! Sanang m-order g nanti



We continued on and went to the Jalan to the place Zali told us in Kuala Balai. The road get humpy and many potholes as we went in deeper into middle of Belait. I felt just like going to Labi but I think Labi much more far. Even when we reached the place, there was a big & deep trap welcoming Zali’s car.

Lubang ni lah di mana keta c-Zali t-kana



Memancing kah?



We went in to the forest, entering from the entrance of the wooden pathway. Below was mud & swap. Luckily, the Croc didn’t show up or else I might freak out. Just a few second we reached the “perkampungan” area. The place was abandoned quite a long while and the house where people can stay has already ruin. There are dirty toilet, empty old house, old stage and the hall. We went to look around the small village area. It seemed to be this place used to be a great camping area but now it is not safe anymore.

Sampai udah…!



Left with the Ruins



Boh beware! Apa bawahnya? Ucing?



Mcm frust Sanul ni…



We’all here at the center



After the trip we went to the WYWY to spend some time. Finally in the evening we decided to go the Uni Arcade (again?). This time I played Initial D with Chad who want to challenge with this game. I tried Manual this time as Chad asked me to. Anyway, Asri, Zali, Sanul, Mur and Fuze also tried Initial D. We also played the Midnight Tune for 4 Player battle featuring DD who wins in this game 3 times in a row. Playing this racing game was fun!

No comments: