Tuesday, 13 October 2009

Returning Raya


The second week of raya was really a rest from the raya. We sent Asri on Wednesday 30/9 to UK then Yani on the next day 1/10 to Geneva. Then in the remaining day of that week I only chill and concentrate on assignment.

Luckily, Mahrin invited us to his open house on Monday 5/10. That brought back the raya feel! It was time to be back to raya!

I went to Mahrin’s home with Azam & Sypol at 7. There were a lot of people there. Athari, Mur, Fau, Bong, Salmi, Lucy and Sir Zalee came too. Azmi, Sanul and Nadia came with their family. It was quite nostalgic there; we often played dotA at Mahrin’s living room before the Ramadhan. Actually this was my second time raya to his home this year since I went there with Asri already.

Raya then continued with Edy’s open house on Wednesday 7/10. His open house was very short: 2PM to 4PM only so the working members couldn’t visit it. Only me, Azam and Sir Zalee was available that time and good thing Mur and Fau got a free time. Edy’s open house was very different than all other open house: you order and served hot! It was like gerai outside his home where we can order sizzling mee, claypot mee and chicken rice. Unique but I still prefer family self-cooked dishes than any catering. The another most unique menu served was durian!

Continuing the raya on that day, Azam, Fau & I went to Mur’s home after he went back from the office. His living room still in raya shape. Actually, we went there more like hang out than raya because we stayed there for quite long and talk various stuff. A raya chill you can say. Mur may have open house at the end of Syawal.

However on Friday 9/10, I had a day off of raya and school; I went Miri with Athari and Azam! Why we went there? Just to eat! Don’t believe me? Then try go Malaysia’s McDonald and then you will understand. Yup the Big Mac, Double Cheeseburger and Spicy Chicken McDeluxe were cheap in Miri. It was like you can buy two burgers at price of one in Brunei. Besides McD, we also tried the Sushi King and I realised nothing in sushi-world can beat Excapade yet! We also went to KFC, Pizza Hut, Starbuck and Secret Recipe. Whoa talk about health risk! =P

Next coming would be Elly’s open house. I decided to go raya at Tutong, Temburong and KB too! I have planned with my o4/o5 friends for the Temburong raya but due to some unconfirmed matter, I cancelled the event. Therefore, I was left with Tutong and KB raya with the ECE 22! Too bad Asri couldn’t join…

No comments: