Phew~ Raya was so fun! We haven’t made an ECE 22 raya together yet this year except for Asri’s open house only. Oh yes, I have mentioned when talking about his open house in the previous raya post as well as during the Empire sungkai post that Asri would be leaving and those were consider farewell ‘party’ for him. One week raya was kind of short. The day Asri will be leaving for UK finally came.
Before the departing day, Tuesday 29/9, I suggested Asri for a quick ‘final’ hang out with Sir Zalee too. Asri decided that us to help him buying camera and then “cakoi time”. ‘Cakoi’ at Hua Ho Manggis used to be our often afternoon tea spot and breakfast too during our attachment.
On the day, Azam just went back from Singapore so I brought Azam to join along but missed with helping Asri with his camera shopping. I felt guilty since I was the one who made this plan so I apologize for this. Mur & Fau too join us for the cosy conversation. Sir Zalee, Azam, Mur and Fau were our ‘jobless members’.
‘Cakoi boys’ =P

Congrats to Asri! Here’s your gift!

Asri departed to UK on Wednesday 30/9 at 8PM. Most of us ECE 22 came to the airport around 6. Asri family was there of course with his relatives as well as his other friends. It was so crowded since most of students going to UK with MOE scholarship would be going with Asri too. We took few photos and then around 7, it was time to bid farewell. Asri shook everyone’s hand and some friend hug with him. It was time for him to go for successful future. We followed him to the final checkpoint.
Asri became “star” for that day~

Good Luck Asri! (The ECE 22)

Sanul & some of us wanted Asri to cry or at least a drop of one tear was enough but Asri was tough. That was good Asri, congrats! *laugh* No one cried (as in shed tears) except for his youngest brother and I knew he was the closest siblings to Asri. However, that didn’t mean we were happy for his leaving! Most of us were sad too. Honestly, I was sad too. I can’t deny that everyone saw my mood “down” that time. *shame*
After Asri went in inside, we talked to Asri’s mom for a while and then we left. We went to The Mall Food Court to have dinner together. Vincent has left and this time Asri and I stayed here studying at Brunei not UK. I should have been like Asri, sent by everyone at the airport and then went on the plane too going for Degree at UK like my dream! I kept on talking with them both about the study at UK before, but in the end, they went there but I’m not. Thanks Fuze, Sir Zalee, Sypol, Azam & Mur for cheering me up. I’m not the only one left in Brunei and I can still find everyone.
I realised I didn’t have chance to wish him farewell properly until the very end when Asri approached me and we bid farewell right at the final seconds when he finally went in at the last checkpoint. I was proud of that. Thanks. Good luck man!
Asri gave me a text message for everyone before he went in the plane. It says: “Damn! Aku nda nangis??” *laugh* Whatever ~ All the best man!
I still remembered the question that Asri asked Shat & me before, during attachment: “Do guys admit they are bestfriend?” I found out that the answer was “no” but they knew it and people saw it from them.
No comments:
Post a Comment