Thursday, 1 October 2009

The Hari Raya 2009

The raya has over. Like all years, raya was great! Although I didn’t go to many of my friends’ house like previous years, and only Azam & Sypol came to my home, I still think this year raya was fun! I visited more family and relatives this year and surprisingly got ‘angpow’ or ‘duit raya’ the most this year!

This year I managed to visit quite a lot but not as many as last year. First raya (21/9) was all Muara’s and Tutong’s close relatives. It was like all in one day this year. On second day (22/9) I went to Khai’s open house with Shah then with Asri to Mahrin’s house. Asri & I wanted to go raya but everyone else was busy that day. This was the first time I brought my car. Yes, I got new car, the “Corolla Altis” for whom do not know yet.

"We are all cousins!"



My only 'Nini' now...


Sister & Brother



Wondercousin! Nobody but you~~



On third raya (23/9), we stayed at home and there were many guest came to our home. Then on the fourth raya (24/9), Azam came raya at my home. He came alone because he was going to Singapore on the next day so he may not have the chance to raya with everyone. We all family planned to go Seria to visit another relatives so we brought Azam along too. This was my first time driving to Seria!

The new siblingshood



My family completed our raya on the fifth raya’s (25/9) morning to afternoon. I didn’t to worry about missing my relatives this year. Then in the evening, I went to Azmi’s open house, Sypol’s open house, Asri’s open house and finally Jef’s open house all in one evening! I brought along Mur, Fuze, Mahrin & Nad then Sypol, Mizi & Zulhadi joined too. On Asri’s home, there were quite a lot of us ECE 22 came. Consider that day as the farewell treat by Asri.

Telekenesis! Boom my camera!



Asri & the ECE 22
(Spoil camera)



I had to send my sister to her friend’s house in Bengkurong on sixth raya (26/9) in the morning so I went to raya second time to Sypol. This time I stayed at his home until noon. We took Fuze then Mizi and Lejan to Jester’s open house then we went for a “crash raya” to Sky’s open house, Sanul’s open house, Atol and finally Titty open house.

Mega Car Action Figure Collection



A great day was on the seventh raya (27/9) where Balang organised the o4/o5 raya. There were me, Balang, Nizam, Steve, Henry, BK, Chip, Zaim and Lejan for the raya. We went to Balang’s house, Lut-P’s open house, BK’s house and then Chip’s house. Chip’s house was fun because we went to the Kg. Ayer (Bolkiah) using boat! It was my cool second time raya experience using boat!

Balik Kampung...



Raya: Travel can be anywhere



We then moved to Nizam’s house (been a while), Sypol’s house (my third time), Maming’s open house and then Mizi’s house at Lupak Luas. We played Rock Band 2 there and I found it was amusing! I want to buy PS3 and Rock Band set too! Anyway, Kashi was not available so we didn’t have to go Putat. We went to Panda’s new house instead as our last visit and like every year, never missed of some of us getting lost. =P

I supposed to have class on 8th raya (28/9) but I didn’t go to school that day. I was very tired after the 3-days raya spree till night. I woke up late anyways. I felt the quietness and less feel of the raya. Luckily, Sir Zalee got open house in the evening! I went to his house together with Mur, Fuze, Salmi, Bong and Asri. This was a new raya experience too: almost all places in Brunei experienced black-out at around 7 because of the power stations problem. Therefore, people had to go raya with no electricity especially us; black-out open house!

Although hot & dark, it was a great time and fun. We had candle dinner for the open house. Sanul, DD, Azmi and Ho came too after a while. We still took many pictures inside house and outside despite it was dark. After Sir Zalee’s home, we all went to Salmi’s home. His home was not blackout so we stayed at his home until almost 2 then finally back home. I haven't got any photos from Mur yet on this one.

Actually the hari raya breeze stopped early this year. We had only one week semester break for hari raya. One week wasn’t enough for me so I extended my holiday. XP Everyone has to go back school and work too anyway on the Monday 29/9, 8th raya. The raya should still go on though since it is still Syawal. However, it just that the feel wasn’t as great as one the first week so lesser people went raya at the second week. This remaining raya will be raya with invitation for open house only.

No comments: