Friday, 29 May 2009

Sunrise in Serasa

Sunrise! I wonder if it would be cool to watch it for real. We had sunset last time at Empire but too bad it was cloudy. We also went to have sunrise last time at Pantai Jerudong but it was on the opposite direction. Therefore I haven’t seen the beauty of the clear sunset & sunrise.

What for we watch sunrise? Well for us, just to hang out in the early morning time. It was cool to stay up the whole night to morning together. It was also cool to be on the beach.

The last time, Asri, Yong, Azmi & me went to the Jerudong beach and it was a wrong spot for sunrise. Sunrise was from the land instead, not the beach. Therefore, confidently, Serasa Beach (Pantai Serasa) was the best place to watch sun rise because it was on the other direction!

At 3AM of Tuesday 26/5, after we hang out at Mahrin’s place, Asri came with the idea of sunrise again to Sir Zalee which I agreed so it became a confirmed plan for us, Azam and Fuze but for the next day 27/5 morning. At first I thought twice about it because I scared I had plan on the next morning or not enough sleep. Then, I confirmed it at the noon.

I went to check out photos of our convocation at the UNI photo studio with Fuze at 3PM then we went Hua Ho Bunut to have tea and finally to Radi’s home to take my Jubah. Next was to wait for the sunrise. We planned on staying up for the whole night so therefore, after having dinner at JP together with Azam, we including Azam went to my place to wait for 5AM. 5AM was the time we should be at the beach.

Asri came at 10PM while Sir Zalee came around 2AM but he went to meet our cousin at the beach at 230AM. We played DotA the whole night and also had Indo Mie Midnight! Another Instant Noodle like yesterday. Anyway, at 5AM, we went to the beach.

We went to the spot at the end of the beach. Just to remind again, Serasa Beach was a man-made spit beach so it was all beach on the left & right all the to the end of the spit. At this end was the perfect point to view the sunrise. It was still dark that time.

We parked our car near the rock splitting the sand and water. Sir Zalee came and luckily, he brought a torch which really helped us through the dark. We stayed at the rock there waiting for the day to come! Slowly, the dark diminished and the sky got brighter. It became the morning! It was cool!

516AM – Reached there. Still dark



534AM – Waiting! Slowly sky changed



551AM – The day! It’s morning!



However too bad, it was cloudy and there was a storm at the sea (or better to say, the Brunei bay) so we couldn’t see the sun but just the beam refracted by the cloud. It was unsuccessful like the sunset last time but still, we were happy to stay up until then and watched the night changed to day.

607AM - Time to go!



It was already a bright morning at 550AM which I didn’t realized it if I woke up that time at home. We stayed until 620AM and settled on for a breakfast! We went to the Indian’s restaurant near my home and ate Roti Telur plus The Tarik for the morning. It was very rare chance for us all to have breakfast together early. At 7AM, we went back home. I went to sleep at 8AM and wake up at 3PM after that. First time I slept very late at 8AM and woke up late at 3PM!

Extra: 612AM - “Menjual udang hidup biskita?”


.

No comments: