So, some may ask: What is dotA? Apakan dotA ani Chiem? Apa tu? Games kah? Macam CS kah? Siuk kan dotA ani? Simple answer I give would be: dotA is a game where you kill or run and protect or destroy! True le! Although that can’t explain to those who didn’t play the games. LoL…
It’s not like CS; totally out! It’s much like RPG games but use Strategy games system. You know Warcraft? No? Then Command & Conquer in Final Fantasy like, but you only control one hero & no need to produce any units or whatsoever. DotA is an extension, downloaded maps created by Icefrog, of Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne. It’s played with LAN or internet through GArena. You can play at cybercafé (preferably Cyberpoint Netland or Rainforest Gadong) using LAN! But much more easier & save using your own laptop! Connect through ad-hoc wireless LAN and 1 to 9 other friends’ laptop can join in then PLAY!
How to play? Basic, important, you take one hero (out of 91+ heroes!), you move him using your mouse right click either to push though a lane so that you can attack your opponent home/base or to attack others to kill or get money & exp or run away from dying or help your friend from dying or go back home to heal or even move wrongly to be killed humiliately! Moving is important! Use your mouse not your keyboard! Use right-click but not clicking on the move on the menu. If you can do this, then you are noob now! Not yet true player.
The maps are divided to 3 lane: left/top, middle and right/bottom. Your base or home can be on the top right or lower left. Many unlimited small creatures called the creeps will move from your home to the opposite home to destroy other home, your opponent also have the same creatures that will attack your home. This is your source of money and exp by killing them. Each lane has 2 ‘towers’ or protector that stop these creeps but you can’t rely on it all the time because it will destroyed soon. You need to help your creep & tower so that you can destroy others while protecting your home.
To be true player, you must manage your hero! You need to buy items and learn abilities/spells. Each hero has 4 skills/spells, each are unique & important. Each hero also has their own stats which need to be strengthened. Some heroes are ranged meaning you can attack from a distance, or melee where you have to go near. Of course, start with ranged for newbies! You get exp for killing creeps & level up. Notice the [1] on the right of the hero menu? That is point for you to learn new spell. Killing creeps also give you money. Money is needed to buy items & each hero need a suitable items to be strong. Be reminded that there are 3 categories of hero: Strength (focus on attacking & defense), Agility (specialize on attacking at high speed) and Intelligence (magic/spells is key to winning).
Playing with your friends require communication & teamwork. Being greedy resulted in total lost! Even with one of your friends being too greedy or selfish will caused the whole team to be down! Playing in group mean cooperation, teamwork & support. You know that. It’s not like CS where you can be race up to get the most kills!
I will stop explaining how to play dotA! You go figured it out more! Ask your friend or ask me if you want to know! DotA is even more very fun playing with your friends against other friends! You can play with AI (computer) though but not as fun as playing with human. But playing with AI is key to improve, learn & getting used to function in dotA with less waste in money & time.
As for myself, I play dotA almost everyday so I managed to get out of nooby but not yet as the star! There are many many great players in Brunei (don’t even think about globally!). Practice makes perfect & experience makes you best.
I started playing into addiction with Fuze, Sypol and Morni. Actually Azmi & Yong started it when I was in semester 1. Then Morni & Asri made me interested more on dotA when I was in semester 3. I introduced Sypol & Fuze and we played almost everytime we go out at the netland! Atol & Adib sometimes joined in, they are dotA senior at that time. Mizi and Henry too play with us. Fuze, Sypol, Morni, Mizi, Adib, Atol and Henry really helped me to get out of noobity. Or am I still noob??
I spread the virus to my friends at the UBD hostel during the semester 4. They knew dotA but didn’t even plan on making it as their top game, It was always CS or C&C. But now, we always play with together at the hostel and I considered them as my team: Akio, Lejan, Joe, Pau, Chan, Chip and Zaim. I could see the improvement of them now! Akio are brave & daring, Lejan is important to push, Joe although use one same hero but he totally master it!, Pau who start late but still great in teamwork, Zaim is source of defending!, Chip use technique and Chan also did great.
Now, I also play a lot with the god of dota Bong, devil of dota Azmi, angel of dota Sheng and queen? of dota Chad. LoL~ I gave them a nickname each because they called me the king of dota! Where got? I’m not deserve to be king yet! If we combined together, we could be one of the pro team! Beside them, my advisor Asri, scouter Yong, legendary Lim and mysterious Milin were also great like us and I played sometimes with them. Before, I didn’t play with them all because I knew I’m noob, but now at least I won’t make them bored anymore... =P I also played with Fuze, Mahrin, Azam and Ho.
Am I talking too much on dotA?? Oppss! LoL… *malu* Ok, I put too long on dotA! You know dotA is my addiction now, so you are going to find a lot on dotA in my blog. Heh~ If you don’t play dotA, then skip it. Those who play, come play dotA with me next time. Boh takut eh!!
dotA quote:
Bong: “dotA dotA!” – Chiemz: “Bah!!”
Adib: “STUN Pau STUN!” – evenstartTM was pwned by one2three – Adib: “Lambat….”
Adib: “Mana tia ko pol??” – evenstartTM was pwned by Liou – Sypol: “…sori dib…”
Chiemz: “u attack who?” – Chad: “pinky” – Chiemz: “pinky?” – first blood! – Chad: “I told u the pinky!” – Chiemz: “both is pinky…”
Chiemz: “Bah later dota?” – Sheng: “eh stop talking shit bah!”
Akio: “ke mana ko jai?” – akundahandal was pwned by 3I Undying – Lejan: “Msn g Joe!”
Atol: “bah lakastah pol” – Sypol: “bahapa eh?” – Atol: “Astah!!! Ke mana ko kan??”
Chiemz: "Bah Joe dgni ku!" - DOUBLE KILL! - Akio & Chan: "Ada orang bagi naik level!"
Here is a quote from Azmi’s blog:
o yea~ im so addicted to u babeh!
DOTA DOTA DOTA... dota is all over my head. 1 day not playing dota gerigitan rasanya. aarrrgh!. apatah lagi 2-3 hari? kan kan~
DoTa is an extension packed of warcraft-3. its a LAN game. dota is a map of warcraft, where u only choose, select and control hero. there are about +-48 heroes, depends on what dota version u play. each hero has 4 unique ability. all u have to do is control the hero, try to approach enemy based and destroy them, stay alive too. and ofcouse, use the brain. the more u kill, the more money u get. then u can buy an item to make ur hero strong. the more item u have, the stronger u are... tau warcraft kah? toing!!!
DoTa is a good way to waste ur time, n money also. my comment about this game: IT IS PLEASURE TO KILL SOMEBODY... in PAIN (mwa-ha-ha-haa). the enjoyable time is teamwork-killing (n steal someone kill... haha) so, anyone interested? fyi, girls play dota too.
waithaminute... what m i doing right now? shouldn't i play DoTa? hehe... no lah, im saving~ :p
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment