Monday, 29 June 2009

Another Random Post

Pay Day Time

Last Monday 29/6, we went to Mahrin's home after almost 2 weeks to chill and dotA. It is safer to chill inside a home than going to The Mall. The H1N1 cases rose so quickly!

Anyway, there were me, Asri, Fuze, Sypol, Salmi, Lim and Mur coming to Mahrin's place. Asri, Fuze & I went Khaz Corner first to have dinner before we went to Mahrin. It was Fuze's first pay day so he treated us! Thanks.

Then when we all gathered at Mahrin's home, Salmi went with Asri to buy KFC bucket meal! It was Salmi's treat! Thanks. It was great to come to Mahrin's home on a "pay day" week! =D We 2-3 pieces of KFC chicken then played dotA until 1AM.


Thanks Salmi for the KFC! XP



Fallen’s Revenge

Transformer 2: Revenge of The Fallen! The movie which I awaited for so long since the first Transformer movie finally came to cinema! The first Transformer was the best movie I watched so far! I watched it three times and wanted to watch the second movie on the exact day it would be shown.

I watched it on the first day it was shown in Brunei which was on Tuesday 23/6. Well not exactly the first though because it was late in the midnight of 24/6 at 1220AM. I have a BBQ with my family so I couldn’t watch earlier than 1220AM. That was still a ‘Sneak Preview’ though so the tickets were $8. I really want to watch it on the first day but midnight was not the right time for Fuze because he had to go to work in the morning. However, Sypol insisted and Asri, Azam & Mur agreed so we gave it a on!

Although midnight, the seats were full! Lucky we bought the tickets early in the evening. This was the third time I watched midnight movie (started at 12AM, not end at 12AM). Once was Hit Man with Azmi and another one was a movie which I forgot what & with who. =P Anyway, I hope you guys have watched the Transformer 2 already!

Ok, well the movie was worth the money for the tickets because it was 2 Hour 23 Minutes show just like Batman: The Dark Knight. Well, my comment was that the first Transformer movie was better than this second one. Why? There was too much “War” which is great because of the action but you may get lost in the story. Well, there were too many Decepticons until most of them were unnamed as well as some weird new Autobots. I hate to see the same Villains again by the way.

Well as conclusion, watching this movie once is enough for me. I’m not saying it’s boring. This movie was so long until you may feel the pain on the ass for sitting too long. It was so cool! Really amazing! I like this movie. However, the first one was still the best!


Second Time Watching DPMM

DPMM won the final last time! Well, many people heard about it but that was the knock-out tournament. The S-League is still going on! I saw the ranking on S-League that DPMM was sat third place.

Well, on Wednesday 24/6, there was another S-League match held at the Stadium Hassanal Bolkiah just like last time. This time was DPMM against Geylang. Athari invited us to join him. Asri, Azam, Sir Zalee, Fuze & I came to watch the match with him. We met at the usual parking at 8 and bought some foods then went in to watch the match.


Standing up during the last few minutes!



There were more people during my first time watching than this time. It may be because of the H1N1. Anyway, Brunei DPMM won 3-0 against the Singapore’s Geylang. Congrats! Next match will be on Wednesday 1/7. However, I'm scared of H1N1 since there will be many people there.


MJF’s Tribute

Michael Jackson passed away on Thursday 25/6. I’m sorry to Asri and Athari, the fellow MJF. As tribute, I made this mini post for MJ. I’m not sure what to say.

Well, people made a lot of tribute for the death of the legendary star. There were some gatherings for MJ at other countries and people started to hear his song on the Friday 26/6. Turned on TV or Radio and you will hear his song or news about his death. Even on the internet there were many posts on it! It was a whole day with MJ songs & story. Anyway, his album was sold out at most CD store in America that day which was a little bit too late though.

MJ passed away by heart attack. Yet some people thought the dead were sudden therefore it’s mystery so some even thought someone killed him. Therefore, yeah, autopsy was made. I kept using “passed away” because I heard MJ have converted to Muslim as “Mikhail”. Anyway, rest in peace.


Consumer Fair Part 4

There was Consumer Fair Part 4 at ICC for 3 days on last Friday 26/6 until Sunday 28/6! Yes, it has over. Asri went there with his brother on the first day which was on Friday 26/ and invited us to come along. Asri’s brother got a football game to play: the usual Pro Evolution Soccer tournament held there just like all the previous Consumer Fair.

I went there with Azam late. We parked at the Indoor Stadium and we went up using the Shuttle Bus. Many people went up with the bus too! We went in and we couldn’t meet Asri there. There were very many people at the ICC! It scared me because of the H1N1.

We went to see the game on stage. The Pro Evolution Soccer was not on therefore we went to the foods area since Asri said he went back home to send his brother. We ate some food sample there and I was interested on this one booth: “Kitchen of Jasmine”.

I tried the cupcake at the Kitchen of Jasmine: the chocolate chunk cupcake and it taste good! For only $4 with 5 pieces, it was great! The lady there also offered their special product (I forgot the name) which was really delicious only at $5 for 5 pieces. Too bad we afraid it will melt so we bought only the cupcakes. Azam bought Brownies too but it just so-so.

What upset me was there was no health or body temperature monitoring for all visitors as well as everyone there before they went in. Well there were so many people and even foreigners gathered at the ICC on that day! The virus can affect everyone there! This place was dangerous that time. I almost got a fever after the visit but thank god, I’m still ok & healthy now.


Exaggerated H1N1

Prior to the H1N1 cases in Brunei, which has increased to two digits number, the government of Brunei finally decided to extend the school holiday by one week! That was good news for the students!

However, I hope for this 1 week extended holiday, they would not go finding the diseases instead. Well, better to be at school rather than roaming around at The Mall or outside Brunei.

Well honestly, I’m quite scared and aware with this disease. At first, I don’t care because I’m sure it won’t reach Brunei and even if it did, it only affect foreigner coming in Brunei which will be quarantine immediately. However, as the number of cases increased quite fast and it also affected locals, it was not wrong or shameful to be careful & alerted.

All teachers are given a thermometer using infra-red. My mom got one too and I tried it. It was easy and quite accurate. Therefore I can keep checking my temperature everyday. *laugh*

I heard the H1N1 cases went to more than 20 people! Do you think self-quarantine at home works? Well hiding in the shell only safe for a while because you still need to go to work, shopping and meet relative or friends. We couldn’t stop our routine and freedom right?

Then people kept mentioning about stop going out of Brunei. Yes, that will stop people finding the diseases. However, how about people who came in Brunei instead? Think about how many people came in to Brunei: the foreign workers, tourists, Bruneian students from UK and people back from Umrah & holiday. We couldn’t stop the diseases from coming in.

Brunei can handle the SARS last time. I hope this H1N1 can be handled too!


The Wait: ITB Degree Course

Grr… I’m waiting for the ITB Degree Course’s list of selected candidates to be the students for this first intake. I kept on checking on the ITB website and there was no new update. I remember our HND selection result was in middle of June 2006.

Fuze went to ITB last time by chance and asked the admin. The admin said it would be late so just check it everyday. August is month we will start…


The Wait: BSP Open Day

BSP! This July there will be another open day to apply BSP. This going to be my second time applying for this! I didn’t fail or got rejected but I didn’t come for the aptitude test last time.

I’m going to re-apply BSP again although I’m still in between the choice of BSP & ITB. What made me “50-50” with BSP is that if only I came for the test last time, then I would already start working with Ho, Elly and G-Rais. *sigh* Sorry, I still regret on it.

Argh can’t wait! Have to wait for the aptitude test then interview or presentation again! Hmph! I hate to wait again. I’m also scared of the medical check… Yes the blood test so scary. But what worries me most was the eye test!


I’m not Blind!

I can’t accept it! I’m not blind! I’m normal & not handicapped! Grr… *sniff*
Please someone help me! I don’t want to be like this… *sob*

Blind? Naah~ I can see everything! Yes I can see the world! I don’t even need to wear spectacles! I’m proud I can read sign from quite a far distance. Therefore I’m not blind!

Well there was another blind: “Colour Blind”! I don’t know how people with colour blind see the world. I thought they saw it just black, white and gray. However, I answered the question on “Colour Blind Test” in Facebook and I got fail! I got 6 out of 15 in which 3 of them I just guess! Vincent could answer it all correct! Shhyyytttt man! I asked Fuze to answer to and he got it 14 rights! Grr… *mad*

I’m not sure if I was colour blind or not. I can see Red, Yellow, Blue, White, Black and all the colours! I see the green trees, blue sky and yellow sunlight. My eyes are normal.

To eliminate my doubt, I went with Asri to the RIPAS to have eye check. However, I didn’t have appointment (Damn it! Hospital isn’t convenient at all!) so I couldn’t take the check. Asri got his medical check for his work so I just watch him with the eye test. Surprisingly, Asri answered the colour blind test with ease! It was like one look you got the number!

I also remembered during my Secondary school, I have this medical check at school in Form 3. All my other test was ok but I got trouble with the colour blind test. I can see one digit number but I couldn’t read 2 digit number!

Well then, I’m scared now. Because if you are colour blind, it will be mentioned in the medical check report! Then it would be hard for me to get a work! Yes, especially engineering! I want to get into BSP! There is no cure to colour blind…


There are always waiting & waiting

Last time I went to check for my eyes with Asri at RIPAS. Then they asked me for appointment. Appointment first? What!? You mean you want me to come twice just to get my eye check? It’s not hard to get eye check: just read some letter and number which only took 3 to 5 minutes.

Ok, imagine if you are working! Do we have to take permission to go out twice and find a free hour twice?

I hate going to clinic or hospital because of the wait! It was like there were so many people sick everyday! Well then, in this H1N1 situation, if you got fever or not feeling well, you are urged to go to hospital to check immediately.

Usually people will go for the outpatient section or clinic because they doubt they got a H1N1 fever and thought it was normal fever. Then they have to wait. It’s dangerous to others! Well, should we go to the Emergency & Car Accident Section straight? What if it wasn’t H1N1?

Yes, I remembered that all the entrance at the hospital got a body temperature scanner. Anyone coming in the hospital will be scanned first. So I guess, whoever got a fever will be quarantine immediately. Whoa! What if I didn’t get fever but my temperature was slightly high because of the environment or foods I ate? I will be taken away! I’m scared to even go in! *laugh*
.

No comments: