Friday, 11 September 2009

VIP for a Day

Back in Semester 3 in ITB, I missed the chance to go dinner buffet at the Pantai Restaurant, Empire; with Asri, Sir Zalee and Shat during our attachment for the 100 Days MOH Celebration. It was funny that I didn’t join because I didn’t have proper attire for the event.

Anyway, the second time we went to Empire for the WHO conference; Asri, Sir Zalee and Shat brought me to have a look the restaurant. I was amazed because that was the first time I went down to the Empire and the restaurant! The Pantai Restaurant was the luxurious and most expensive restaurant I ever seen in Brunei. Not as a critic but to say it as like a VIP restaurant. We thought of going to have sungkai there on the next year.

However, in Semester 5, we didn’t manage to go there. Sanul kept saying of sungkai there but we went to too many restaurants that time so we missed the Pantai Restaurant. I was thinking of going there with Sypol too but we didn’t have the time.

While being jobless and finding jobs as well as applying for HECAS, Asri thought of going there with us if he got the scholarship. And, he did. Therefore, Asri & I went to the Empire with Azam, Sir Zalee, Sanul and Mur for this year 2009 puasa!

I went to the Empire after school on Thursday 3/9 with Asri to ask for the menu and booking. We all went there on Saturday 5/9, at 5PM. The 6 of us became a VIP just for that day. As Asri said: “Merasa jadi VIP sekali”.

The appetizer was superb! There were so many starter various form tom yam soup, sushi, varies salad & others. After taking on the appetizer, the amazing main course was ready to be devoured! An almost unlimited grilled fish, BBQ chicken, BBQ lamb, BBQ beef, BBQ sausage, macaroni, squid, prawn, mussel, oyster and baked potatoes! Then finally came the dessert of cakes, apple crumble, fruits and cocktail section.

The negative side was there were no ice cream, ABC, cendol and drinks in the buffet! Oh man I was thirsty like hell after the dinner. They served us with one small bottle of SEHAT water only. As the name Pantai Restaurant applicable, I expected there should be coconut juice in the buffet. ^^

Good View!



Good Food!



Familiar…



I was really full and I couldn’t take any foods or drinks at the final hour of the buffet. I couldn’t even dare to see anyone eat infront of me when I was full that time. The buffet cost B$47 with service charge of $5. The coke cost $6 for one can so better buy other drinks. It was amazing anyways. Finally, I experienced eating there, the so-special Seafood and BBQ buffet. We went to WYWY afterward around 1030PM to have drinks and finally back after 1AM.

The special sungkai buffet that day was also to celebrate Asri’s success in getting the scholarship as well as farewell before he went to UK. Huh? Why did I turn sad suddenly? =P

Congrats Asri!


NOTE: Pictures taken from one of the Photowho.

No comments: